Option 1: Enter online
There are many ways to enter the various competitions and contests held at the annual Ohio State Fair. Please scroll down for a tutorial on entering online.
Option 2: Printer-friendly forms to mail
In addition, most individual competitions have a separate, printer-friendly entry from that can be downloaded on each competition's page. Please see the “competitions” menu above for all competitions and to download the entry forms.
Before you begin the online entry process, please be sure you know the division and category number(s) you plan to enter.
1. Click "enter online" on the appropriate page, or use the following links to start your online entry in a new window beginning in April 2015. Any department not listed below does not currently support online entries.
- Agriculture & Horticulture
- Arts & Crafts, Antiques and Fashion
- Boer Goats
- Cooking, Baking & Decorating
- Dairy Cattle
- Dairy Goats
- Fine Arts
- Homebrewed beer
- Junior Horses
- Youth Arts
2. Using the navigation menu on the top, click the circle labeled "1" that says "Register."
3. You will be asked to type your first and last name. Please select the circle that says "I am a new exhibitor." Each Fair year, you will be a new exhibitor and will require a new password. Even if you entered in a previous year, you should check "I am a new exhibitor." Only if you have already entered in the current year should you select the button that says "I have previously registered."
4. Click "continue" and proceed by entering your mailing address, email contact information, etc. Be sure to select a password and remember your password. Please note that once you have checked out and paid, you will not be able to obtain a refund.
5. Review your contact information for accuracy. Once you have confirmed that the information is accurate, hit "continue."
6. You are now on the "entries" page labeled "2" at the top of your browser. You may notice that the registration section at the top, marked "1" is now completed with a green check mark.
7. On the "entries" page, you will be asked to indicate the department, division and class you are entering. If you do not recall the department and division, please open a new window of your web browser and refer to the appropriate information packet or book.
8. Your entry will automatically be saved in your cart and a message will appear at the top of the screen showing how many entries have been added. If you would like to add more entries, select the appropriate department and division (to add an entry in your existing department and division, click “add a similar entry.” If you would like to enter in a different department, click “add a different entry.”) If you have added all entries and are ready to check out, please hit "continue."
9. Review your cart for accuracy, noting that the appropriate classes appear in the "description" column. Hit "check out" to continue checking out. (Note: if you are not yet ready to check out, please be sure to hit the button that says “Save this cart for later." The buttons at the top of the page will now show that you are in "Step 3 - Review."
10. Select your payment method on the payment page. The buttons at the top of the page will now show that you are in "Step 4 - Pay."
11. Please proceed by selecting your credit card type and provide your payment information (billing address, account number, etc.). Complete this information and continue checking out by hitting "continue."
12. Review your payment information for accuracy and finish your order. Please call the entry department at 614-644-4052 if you have any questions.
I am having a hard time viewing the website or the online entry forms. What do I do?
My password from last year isn't working. What do I do?
You will need to register as a new exhibitor even if you entered last year. Each Fair year, you will be a new exhibitor and will be required to enter a password (you can use the same one from last year if you choose). Even if you entered in a previous year, you should check "I am a new exhibitor." Only if you have already entered in the current year should you select the button that says "I have previously registered."
How do I enter my farm name?
For livestock categories, please enter your farm name under the "team" category on the contact information page.
Where do I find my division or class number?
You can find the division and class number in the appropriate information packet or book for each type of entry. To locate this information, please click "Competitions" at the top of this page and navigate to the appropriate department.
I can't find the class or division I want to enter in the appropriate book or information packet.
If you are having difficulty finding a class or division in one of the PDF documents, hold down the CONTROL (“CTRL” on a PC) or ⌘ (“COMMAND” on a Mac) key, then press the letter “F” key. This will pull up a search function, so that you can type in the word you would like to locate within the document quickly and easily. If you are still having problems, please call the entry deparment at 614-644-4052.
I don't know where to click.
If your mouse changes to a pointer finger when you hover over a topic throughout the website, it is an active link. Clicking on a link will open the appropriate page.