FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
July 31, 2012
COLUMBUS – The 2012 Ohio State Fair is here and there are plenty of events and attractions sure to please fairgoers alike. Tomorrow features many events including the following:
- QFM 96 Fair Attitude Wednesday - Fairgoers will enjoy $5 admission all day! Fairgoers can double their deal by heading to a local Mattress Firm store throughout the state and receive one free admission with the purchase of one $5 admission on Wednesday, Aug. 1 only.
- BOSTON with special guest Kansas - Classic artists BOSTON and Kansas will be performing at 7 pm in the WCOL Celeste Center. Tickets are $30. Tickets purchased before arriving at the Fair include admission.
- Hi-Pockets Parade - Look to the sky for one of several tall characters roaming the grounds from Slam Duncan, the one man basketball team, to Leggs Benedict, a tall Texan!
- All-Ohio State Fair Band & Youth Choir concerts - A Fair tradition for years, the All-Ohio State Fair Band and Youth Choir are returning to the 2012 Fair. The band will be performing at Cardinal Gate at 10 am and 2:15 pm and ion Central Park at 10:30 am. The youth choir will be performing at Natural Resources Park at 3 pm.
- James Johnson's World Record Balloon Stunt Show - How many people can you fit into a six foot latex balloon? The current World record, held by James Johnson, is 18 at once. Come step foot into his balloon and see for yourself.
- Ag is Cool Swine Station - With several stations throughout the grounds, the Ag is Cool program is hard to miss. Exiting fourth graders as well as fourth grade teachers get in free to the Fair by presenting a valid 2011-2012 report card at the gates, and get to experience all that the world of agriculture has to offer. There will be a swine station in the O'Neill Swine Building from 10 am to 6 pm
- 4-H Communications Day - Youth Center from 10 am to 6 pm
- 4-H Communications Day Awards - Youth Center from 6 pm to 7 pm
- Regional Jr. Dorset Show - Brown Arena at 7 pm
- Jr. Fair Dog Show - Buckeye Building at 8 am
For more information, call 1-888-OHO-EXPO or 1-614-644-FAIR. On the Web, visit us at ohiostatefair.com.
The Ohio Expo Center is proud to host the Ohio State Fair. With a spectacular midway, big-name entertainment, hundreds of exhibits and one of the largest junior fair shows in the nation, the 2012 Ohio State Fair will run July 25 - August 5.
Note to editor: working members of the media are asked to enter the grounds through the Media center located on 11th Avenue, just west of the OHIO Gate. Parking is available at the trailer, as are phones, a computer line and refreshments. Please review the on-site guidelines and if your station / publication has not already done so; please send a list of staff members who will be working the Fair to our Public Relations office. The fax number is 614-644-4501.
(Please do not publish these numbers.)
The Ohio Expo Center is an equal opportunity employer and service provider.
This email message was generated by the Ohio Expo Center State Fair