Each year, the Ohio State Fair provides nearly a million ways to build your business. Surveys show that 78 percent of our guests visit vendors in our commercial buildings. And thousands stop by booths located on our 400,000 square feet of outdoor exhibit and concession space. What are you waiting for?
Exhibitors and concessionaires from the previous year are usually offered the opportunity to return. New applicants are selected based on uniqueness of products/services, booth design (ability to set a professional and attractive display), application presentation, experience, availability of space and appropriateness of product type for available space. Completing an application does not guarantee space. The application will be held on file until all space is sold. Regardless of the status of the application, applicants are notified as soon as a determination has been made.
If you are selected to receive a contact, you will be given two weeks to return the executed contract along with one half of the rental fee. Acceptable methods of payment are, cashiers check, money order, Visa or MasterCard. Refunds are not given on canceled contacts after June 1. All balances must be paid on or before June 15.
Special Requirements: This is a juried, semi-invitational exhibit. Exhibitors must dress in period costumes, demonstrate their handmade craft and display their craft in a traditional setting.
With 152,000 square feet of retail space, MarketPlace is the ideal place to promote specialty items, gifts, fashions or the latest in consumer goods and services. MarketPlace visitors shop in air-conditioned comfort, dine at the International Food Court and visit unique, new exhibits located in the building. This modern facility offers you:
Multiple booth sizes:
Located just inside the OHIO Gate, this historic building offers consumers a wide variety of fair time favorites- including cooking demonstrations, crafts and the latest products to simplify everyday tasks. The Shoppes at North Commercial offer:
Extra large booths:
One 20 amp electrical circuit is included in space fee for MarketPlace, North Commercial and Handmade Heritage Crafts. Additional charges will be incurred if more amperage is needed. Refer to application for services/fees.
Admission Tickets (non-refundable)
All concessionaires and exhibitors are required to purchase admission tickets to access the Fair each day. Single day tickets are $5 each; or a $50 all-fair pass can be purchased. Prices subject to change without notice.
Parking Tickets (non-refundable)
A permit does not insure the availability of a convenient parking space, but grants the privilege of parking in a specified area when space is available. You can purchase one-time entry, General Parking passes for $5 each; or a $40 Reserved North Lot pass. Prices subject to change without notice.
A Certificate of Insurance in the amount of one million dollars listing the Ohio State Fair as the certificate holder and additional insured is required.
Hours of Operation
All indoor exhibits must be open, operating and adequately staffed from 10 am - 9 pm daily; all outdoor concessions and exhibits are required to be open, operating and adequately staffed daily during the hours of 10 am - 10 pm (minimum).
The contracted fair decorator can provide furniture, table skirting, carpet, banners, audio visual equipment, forklift and drayage services to assist in your professional display. Please click on the link for a complete decorating packet. Questions may be directed to Expo Services at (740) 454-1201. To download a decorating packet, click here.
We encourage individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations to consider the many sponsorship opportunities that exist with the Ohio State Fair. Whether you are an established company or relatively new, we offer an array of advertising options. Contact Event Marketing Strategies at (614) 792-5600.
For the fairgoers staying the ENTIRE length of the Fair. The charge for the duration of the Fair is $350. Reservations must be accepted and paid for in advance. Lots are full hook-up. For reservations, contact Jo Ellen Albanese at 1-614-644-4136
For the fairgoer staying LESS than the duration of the Fair. Available on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations accepted. Water and electric provided, some lots full hook-up provided. The charge is $35 per night.
Directions to campgrounds only
From the North
Take Exit 112 (Hudson Street) from I-71-S
Turn right (west) onto Hudson Street
Turn left (south) onto Summit Street
Turn left (west) onto 17th Avenue
Continue on 17th Avenue past Fourth Street toward the Ohio Expo Center. The campgrounds gate, Gate 11, will be the first gate on your left.
From the South
Take Exit 110 (11th Avenue) from I-71-NS
Turn left (west) onto 11th Avenue
Continue past all gates onto the Ohio Expo Center grounds
Turn right (north) onto Fourth Street
Turn right (west) onto 17th Avenue
Continue on 17th Avenue toward the Ohio Expo Center. The campgrounds gate, Gate 11, will be the first gate on your left.
All individually-owned or rented golf cart(s) must be registered in the Administration Building Lobby. You must provide proof of auto liability insurance and a valid driver's license to obtain a Golf Car Permit. The fee for the permit is $150. Participants operating cars without the proper permit will be fined for each violation. Any participant violating this rule more than twice, will lose their golf car privileges and the car will be confiscated by the State Highway Patrol. To rent a golf cart for use during the Fair, contact:
Century Cart Connection
4199 Leap Rd.
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Century Cart Connection will provide individual carts at a daily rate of $30 for a two-seater, four-seater and utility for rentals lasting five days or longer. A daily rate of $50 applies to rentals lasting four days or fewer for two-seater, four-seater and utility golf carts. The on-grounds golf cart rental location is just south of the O'Neill Swine Barn.
* Adobe Acrobat required. Click Here to get the Acrobat player.
There are many ways to enter the various competitions and contests held at the annual Ohio State Fair. Please scroll down for a tutorial on entering online.
In addition, most individual competitions have a separate, printer-friendly entry from that can be downloaded on each competition's page. Please see the “competitions” menu above for all competitions and to download the entry forms.
Before you begin the online entry process, please be sure you know the division and category number(s) you plan to enter.
1. Click "enter online" on the appropriate page, or use the following links to start your online entry in a new window:
2. Using the navigation menu on the left hand side, click the button that says "log in/log off."
3. A window will appear that asks you about which type of account you would like to create. Most participants will select "exhibitor." The "quick group" option should be used if you are submitting entries for multiple family members or a group of exhibitors.
4. After you select "exhibitor" you will automatically be redirected to the next step, which asks you to type your first and last name. All new online exhibitors, including those who entered in a previous year, should check "I am a new exbitor." Only if you have already entered in the current year should you select the button that says "I have previously registered."
5. On the following page, please complete your accurate contact information and create a password. Then select a password and be sure to remember your password. Please note that once you have checked out and paid, you will not be able to obtain a refund.
6. Review your contact information for accuracy. Once you have confirmed that the information is accurate, hit "continue."
7. You will be asked to indicate the department and division you are entering. If you do not recall the department and division, please open a new window of your web browser and refer to the appropraite information packet or book.
8. Select the correct department, division and class. Review the "special instructions" tab if it appears and, if necessary, add a description. Click "add to cart." You will be able to add additional entries as the process continues.
9. Your entry will appear in your cart. If you would like to add more entries, click the button that says "add more entries for [Name]". If you have added all entries and are ready to check out, please hit "check out."
10. Review your cart for accuracy, noting that the appropriate classes appear in the "description" column. Hit "check out" to continue checking out.
11. Select your credit card type on the payment page.
12. Once you have selected your credit card type, a page will appear with additional required information (billing address, account number, etc.). Complete this information and continue checking out by hitting "continue."
13. Review your payment information for accuracy finish your order. Please call the entry department at 614-644-4052 if you have any questions.
You can find the division and class number in the appropriate information packet for each type of entry.
If you are having difficulty finding a class or division in one of the PDF documents, hold down the CONTROL (“CTRL” on a PC) or ⌘ (“COMMAND” on a Mac) key, then press the letter “F” key. This will pull up a search function, so that you can type in the word you would like to locate within the document quickly and easily.
If your mouse changes to a pointer finger when you hover over a topic throughout the website, it is an active link. Clicking on a link will open the appropriate page.
Our mission is devoted to fostering, promoting and supporting an environment of creativity through participation in, and appreciation of the arts to a broad and diverse population of all ages.
Our vision is to provide Ohioans a place and opportunity to compete for and showcase their arts and crafts. Creative Arts will organize competitions, demonstrations, and provide instructional opportunities that represent historical and current creative art skills in a multitude of areas, as well as popular trends. We seek to challenge, encourage, and inspire Ohioans to get involved in the arts, and to learn, teach, or introduce their creative arts.
Supplementary competition-related forms
2006 | 2007 | 2009 | 2010