Recipe by Pam Shammo, Gibsonburg, Ohio
First place and Best of Show, Candies - Fudge (Other), 2018
Baking temperature: n/a
Baking time: n/a
Yield: 2 pounds
- ½ stick of butter (1/4 cup)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 packets of apple cider drink mix
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- ½ cup caramel bits
- 1 ½ tbsp. heavy cream
- Line an 8" square pan with foil and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the butter, marshmallows, sugar, heavy cream, and packets of apple cider drink mix.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the marshmallows are melted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the caramel bits and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the caramel at 45-second intervals at 50% power until they are melted and smooth. Set aside.
- After the 10 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the white chocolate chips until they are completely melted.
- Pour the fudge into the pan.
- Drizzle the caramel on the top of the fudge, use a small metal spatula or knife to create swirls in the fudge.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Cut into small squares
* For best results, keep the fudge in the refrigerator