The Ohio Expositions Commission was established in 1961 when the Ohio General Assembly passed legislation creating a new governing body for the Ohio Expo Center. Prior to 1961, the State Board of Agriculture oversaw the Center. The Commission maintains and manages state property reserved for the purpose of conducting at least one Fair annually.
The Commission comprises 14 members, (nine of whom are appointed by the Governor), plus five ex-officio members: the Agricultural Chair of the Ohio Senate, the Agricultural and Natural Resources Chair of the Ohio House of Representatives, the Director of Development, the Director of Agriculture and the Director of Natural Resources.
Of the nine Commission members appointed by the Governor, no more than five may be from any one political party. Expiration of appointed terms is staggered to ensure the continuity of the Commission at all times.
- Brian Baldridge, Ohio Department of Agriculture Director
- Representative Rodney Creech, House Agriculture Committee Chair
- Michael Curtin
- Andrew Doehrel
- Rose Hartschuh (Vice Chair)
- Cathann Kress, OSU College of Food, Agricultural & Environmental Sciences Vice President & Dean
- Angela Krile (Chair)
- Lizabeth Lafferty (Secretary)
- Erin Limes Stickel
- Mary Mertz, Ohio Department of Natural Resources Director
- Lydia Mihalik, Ohio Development Services Agency Director
- John Page
- Doug Preisse
- Senator Tim Schaffer, Senate Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee Chair
- Virgil L. Strickler, Ohio Expo Center & State Fair General Manager
- J. Michael Townsley
Tentative Upcoming Commission Meeting Dates
- December 8, 2022
- January 19, 2023
- March 2, 2023
- May 18, 2023
- June 15, 2023
- July 26, 2023* (After business has concluded on July 26, opening day of the Ohio State Fair, the Commissioners will recess, not adjourn. At the conclusion of the August 6 meeting, the Commission will formally adjourn.)
- August 6, 2023* (After business has concluded on July 26, opening day of the Ohio State Fair, the Commissioners will recess, not adjourn. At the conclusion of the August 6 meeting, the Commission will formally adjourn.)
- October 19, 2023
- December 7, 2023
The Ohio Expositions Commission is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs, and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws. To request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability please contact Jo Ellen Albanese, email@example.com, 614-644-4015 a minimum of 14 days prior to the meeting date above.Public Comment Policy
The policy shall be that verbal public comment will be permitted up to a total of 15 minutes with a limit of 3 minutes per person at the beginning of the full Ohio Expositions Commission meeting. Comments must pertain to the work of the Ohio Expositions Commission. Members of the public wishing to comment must sign up at least 24 hours in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to receive Commission meeting notices: