The Ohio State Fair is looking for volunteers to help at a new hands-on educational program called Little Farmers. Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age and will get free Ohio State Fair admission to enjoy the fair before or after their shift.
About Little Farmers
Help kids learn about agriculture at Little Farmers, an exciting new educational exhibit at the Ohio State Fair:
- Fun hands-on activities are geared toward kids ages 3-10.
- Eight different stations will be located in a single large outdoor area on the lawn northeast of the Voinovich Livestock & Trade Center allowing kids to explore different aspects of Ohio agriculture:
- Start Barn
- Grain Bin
- Chicken Coop
- Sheep Barn
- Dairy Barn
- Farmer’s Market
- Ohio Proud Market
- There are no real animals in this exhibit. Stations will feature simulated animals, real grains, planting and faux fruits and vegetables, and more.
All volunteers get FREE Ohio State Fair admission for themselves and one guest if working at least one four-hour shift.
Who can volunteer?
Individuals or groups (such as 4-H clubs, FFA chapters, sponsors, organizations, and clubs) may volunteer. Volunteers must be at least 14 years old. You will be provided with:
- Button to wear indicating that you are a 4-H or FFA member
- Signage at the exhibit to recognize the name of your chapter/club
Where will I volunteer?
You can request to volunteer at the start barn, garden, grain bin, chicken coop, sheep barn, dairy barn, or farmer’s market.
Shifts are available every day of the Fair, July 27 – August 7, 2022:
- Morning – 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Afternoon – 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Evening – 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
How do I sign up?
Click below to complete the interest form, and we will contact you with more information.
Volunteer Toolkit - social media posts, newsletter language, logos, graphics, and more
Download the Little Farmers Volunteer Promotional Toolkit to use to help gather volunteers from your organization.
Contact Andi Hershey, firstname.lastname@example.org.