Livestock Competition Information
Online entry helpful hints
- All entries must be submitted online.
- Please allow time to complete the entry process, as the system will shut down at 12:59 p.m. on Wednesday, June 21. Entries will be locked automatically at 1 p.m.
- Late entry fees will be charged ($75.00) beginning June 21 and late entries will be accepted through July 15. Late entries must be emailed to Barb Prince, Entry Department (email@example.com). Upon receipt of the email the entry department will make contact to secure credit card information. Please reference the late entry document (click here) to see if you can make late entries into the division you are wanting to enter. No late entry for junior market animals.
- All junior livestock exhibitors must provide their date of birth. Date of birth is not required for open entries.
- Junior 4-H exhibitors must list the county in which the project is registered (in some cases, this is not the same as the county in which you live). You must list your county educator or extension agent as the contact to verify your entry, NOT your 4-H advisor.
- Junior FFA exhibitors must list the county in which the project is registered (in some cases, this is not the same as the county in which you live). You must list your FFA teacher/instructor as the contact to verify your entry.
- All junior exhibitors should include their shirt size.
- Reminder – If you receive premiums of $4,999 and over, the State of Ohio requires you to register as a "new supplier" at https://ohiopays.ohio.gov/. This MUST be done before any payment will be processed. Please be aware you will be asked for banking information, as your payment will be direct deposit. You may use either a checking or savings account. If you have won $4,999 or more in the past, and have already set up a supplier account, you do not need to register again. However, you are responsible for making any address or name changes
, by going to https://ohiopays.ohio.gov/ and updating any necessary information. If you need assistance with the online registration process, please view this tutorial or call the "help desk" at 1-877-644-6771.
- Open Division
- Junior Division
- Beef DUNF — Available July 17
- Species Judges
- Proof of BVD test will need to be provided at check in for all beef cattle with the exception of Commercial Cattle.
The 2023 Ohio State Fair dairy goat competition was canceled this year only due to a lack of exhibitor entries. There were 31 total exhibitors across seven different dairy goat breeds entered for this year's statewide competition. The low participation in the show warranted the cancellation and a notification of this decision was sent to dairy goat exhibitors on Thursday, July 13 to provide those exhibitors with enough time to change their arrangements.
The dairy goat industry continues to be an important part of Ohio's agricultural industry.
- Junior 4-H Horse Division
- Junior and Open Division
- Species Judges — 2023 Judge Information Coming Soon
Exhibitor Information and Supplemental FormsAll below documents will be updated by mid-May.
In-Person & Virtual Ohio Youth Skillathons
Open to any Ohio youth, age 8 and in the 3rd grade, or 9 years old and older regardless of grade level, to age 18, this is a separate virtual event to allow broader participation in 2023. You do not have to exhibit a particular species to participate in that species Skillathon. Virtual Skillathon participation does not qualify a youth participant for outstanding market exhibitor awards. Proctored Virtual Skillathon at the Ohio Expo Center will qualify for the Outstanding Breeding Exhibitor awards.
Golf Cart PermitsGolf cart permits will NOT be sold on-site at the Ohio State Fair in 2023
Please read the updated Ohio State Fair Golf Cart Permit Rules and Regulations prior to purchasing a permit. There are several changes to the rules and regulations for 2023.
Submit the Golf Cart Information Form though the submission portal (click here)