Recipe by Georgia Bishop, Upper Arlington, Ohio
First place, Candies (Chocolate Fudge), 2015
Yield: 96 pieces
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix butter, sugar and milk in a saucepan.
- Heat until 230 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Reduce from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips a little at a time until melted
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" pan.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cut into squares.