Recipe by Terri McCarty, Hamilton, Ohio
First place, Quick Breads (Vegetable Bread loaf), 2019
Baking temperature: 350º F
Baking time: 55 - 60 minutes
Yield: 8 slices
- 3 cups all-purpose King Arthur Flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh dill
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tbsp. warm melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Position the rack in the center of the oven.
- Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add and toss to separate and coat the flour with zucchini, cheddar cheese, scallions, parsley, dill.
- Whisk together in another bowl the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add this to the flour mixture and mix until the dry ingredients are moist. Do not over mix and the batter should not be smooth.
- Cook for 55-60 minutes or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before unfolding and letting cool completely on the rack.