Recipe by Janet Gill, Canton, Ohio
First place, Candies (Chocolate), 2017
- 36 maraschino cherries with stems
- 3 T butter, softened
- 3 T corn syrup
- 2 c sifter powdered sugar
- 8 oz. chocolate coating
- Drain cherries, set on paper towels to dry
- Combine butter and corn syrup in a medium bowl. Stir in powdered sugar and knead to form dough. Chill to stiffen if necessary. Wrap each cherry with about 1 t of dough. Chill until firm.
- When firm, dip each cherry into melted chocolate and place on wax paper lined sheets. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in a cool place. Best after 1-2 weeks.