Recipe by Roxanna Adkins, Grove City, Ohio
First place, Candies (Nuts), 2018
Baking temperature: Crock Pot Low
Baking time: 3 hours
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole pecans
- ¼ cup water
- Mix together granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl, set aside.
- In separate large bowl whisk together the egg white and pure vanilla until frothy.
- Add pecan mixture to the egg white and vanilla mixture until coated evenly.
- Pour the pecan mixture into the bowl with the sugar and cinnamon and stir until pecans are coated thoroughly.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Turn Crock Pot on to Low setting and coat the inside with non-stick spray.
- Pour coasted pecans into Crock Pot.
- Cook on Low for 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- During the last 30 minutes add the ¼ cup of water and stir well.
- Once pecans are finished scoop onto lined baking sheet, spread out evenly and cool for 1 hour.