4-Ingredient Deep-Fried Candy Bar
- 1 package refrigerated jumbo biscuit dough
- 16 mini candy bars of your choice*
- Cooking oil, such as vegetable or canola
- Powdered sugar
*This recipe works well with other sweet fillings – such as a scoop of cookie dough, an Oreo, a buckeye, etc. Try placing a different filling in each piece of dough to make an assortment of deep-fried treats. The instructions are the same regardless of what item is inside the biscuit dough.
- Heat oil in a small pan over low to medium heat. Oil temperature should reach approximately 350 degrees.
- While oil is warming, remove biscuits from canister.
- Flatten each biscuit and cut it in half. You will now have 16 pieces of dough.
- Place a mini candy bar on top of each flattened biscuit portion. Wrap the biscuit dough around the candy bar. Pinch the dough to seal well.
- Using tongs or a spoon, gently add dough-wrapped candy bars to hot oil. Fry each one until golden brown, being sure to brown all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes. Bubbles should appear around the edges of the dough.
- Carefully remove from hot oil, placing each candy bar on a rack or plate lined with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.