Recipe by Bonnie Elliot, Plain City, Ohio
First place, Farm to Table, 2018
Baking temperature: n/a
Baking time: n/a
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
- 1, 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken (from Bluescreek Farm meat and Market, Plain City)
- 1, 8 can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries (Amish Heritage Market, Marysville)
- 1 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds (Amish Heritage Market, Marysville)
- Garnishes: fresh herbs and fruits: rosemary, parsley, blackberries, raspberries, sliced peaches (Union County Farmers’ Market)
- In a large bowl, hand mix together the cream cheese, mayo and curry.
- Stir in the chicken, pineapple and cranberries just until blended.
- If desired spoon, mixture into a plastic wrap-lined 8” round cake pan; cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Invert chicken salad onto a cake stand; remove plastic wrap.
- Gently press chopped almond onto the sides of the chicken salad.
- Garnish with your choice of fruit and herbs.
This salad is just as tasty served from a bowl, on croissant/bread, crackers or however you desire. I normally poach chicken breast (2.25 lbs. = 6 cups chopped cooked), but you may use rotisserie or leftover cooked chicken.