Recipe by Nancy Radke, Gahanna, Franklin
First place, 3205, Class No. 1, 2016 | Baking Temperature:375 to 400 Degrees | Baking Time:20-25 minutes | Yield: 4 personal pizzas
- 1 Lb. Schmidt’s Bulk Bratwurst
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 red onion - peeled & sliced thin
- 2 packages naan flatbed - 2 pack (8.80oz each)
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut - well drained
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Swiss cheese
- olive oil
- Preheat grill to 375 to 400 degrees. Cook bratwurst in cast iron skillet on the grill until throughly cooked and no longer pink - about 8 to 10 minutes; stir often to break up the mean small crumbles. Remove cooked meat from skillet with slotted spoon and place in bowl lined with paper towels to drain. Keep warm.
- While meat is cooking, mix together sour cream, syrup and nutmeg in a small bowl; keep cool until ready to use later.
- Place onion slices into same cast iron skillet to cook remaining fat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir often so onions cook evenly. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon and place in bowl lined with paper towels to drain. Set aside.
- Brush one side of each flatbread with olive oil place oiled side down directly onto grill to brown slightly - about 3 to 5 minutes. Brush top of each flatbread with olive oil; use tongs and turn over to brown other side.
- Reduce heat to medium (about 250 to 300 degrees); spread 1/4 cup sour cream mixture over top of each flatbread. Sprinkle each evenly with meat crumbles, onion, sauerkraut and cheese. Close grill lid and turn off heat. Let sit for about 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve.