Recipe by Jennifer Noble, Granville, Ohio
First place and Best of Show, Jams and Marmalades (Peach), 2019
Baking temperature: n/a
Baking time: n/a
Yield: 7 cups
- 4 cups prepared fruit (about 3 lbs. fully ripe peaches)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 box SURE-JELL Fruit Pectin
- 5 ½ cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- Peel and pit peaches.
- Finely chop fruit.
- Measure exactly 4 cups prepared fruit into 6 or 8 quart saucepot.
- Add lemon juice, stir until well blended.
- Stir in pectin.
- Add butter to reduce foaming, if desired.
- Bring to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn’t stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar.
- Return to full rolling boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling it within ¼ inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2 piece lids. Screw bands tightly.
- Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary).
- Cover, bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 minutes.