Recipe by Theresa M. Burke, Upper Arlington, Ohio
First place, Cookies (Pressed Cookies), 2018
Baking temperature: 350º F
Baking time: 12 - 15 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed Domino’s brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Cinnamon sugar and white sparkling sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugars and egg yolk; beat until light and fluffy using hand mixer.
- Stir in the vanilla and orange zest.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients.
- Chill dough for about 20 minutes before filling a cookie press with dough.
- Press and place cookies on an ungreased, chilled cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cookies are just beginning to golden brown on the peaks and the bottoms.
- Remove cookies immediately from sheets to cool on wire racks.