Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon coriander
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes (to taste, optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- mini bags of corn chips (Fritos, Doritos, etc)
- cheese, shredded
- red onion, finely diced
- lettuce, shredded
- jalapeno slices
- sour cream
- green onion, chopped to the whites
- your favorite taco toppings and sauces!
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When about half of the meat is browned, add the salsa and minced garlic. Stir until the garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes
- Stir in the cumin, turmeric, onion powder and coriander until completely combined. Let the beef simmer for a few minutes to evaporate off any excess liquid in the skillet.
- Add the paprika and red pepper flakes (optional) to the skillet. Stir until combined then remove the skillet from the heat.
- To build the walking tacos: select your favorite mini bag of chips. Add a scoop of the taco meat and then top with your desired taco toppings. Enjoy!